MECLP in Action
● In Summer of 2021 MECLP released How Maryland Can Mitigate its Early Childhood Education Gap, a report that argues that MECLP’s contribution will fill a critical leadership gap in early education which will be exacerbated by the broad-based expansion of early childhood education programs in Maryland over the next 10 years.
MECLP is committed to research-based learning for its cohort fellows. This page contains current research leading to better outcomes in early childhood classrooms, programs, and communities. Please see the Compendium of Leadership Programs for information about other nationwide programs that foster early childhood leadership. In addition to including articles and reports from national journals, agencies, and non-profits, MECLP is excited to feature the work of cohort fellows as we contribute to growing and impactful research in the field of early childhood education.
Leadership in Early Childhood Education
Education as a vehicle to civic engagement
Improving outcomes in early childhood education
The role of philanthropy in the early childhood field
Early childhood mental health support
Professional development and in-service supports for early childhood educators
Supporting dual language students
The 10 Most Popular McCormick Center Resources in 2022 reflect their outstanding research and efforts. Click on the titles to read the full articles.
- How Self-Aware Am I?
- Mixed Emotions and the Return to National Conferences
- Recruiting, Selecting, Orienting—and Keeping What You Have
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: When Values Become Actions
- Taking Small Steps to Strengthen Program Impact: Making the Most of Pedagogical Leadership
- The Impact of Race, Culture, and Language on the Leadership Journeys of ECEC Leaders of Color
- Cultivating Hope, Even on Our Toughest Days
- Listening: A Key to Cultural Competence
- All Aboard – Supporting Staff on Their Professional Development Journeys
- Mirrors and Windows in Your Preschool Classroom: Adding approachable LGBTQ+ representation to your program through your shared library
Read and download these resources and more in the McCormick Center Resource Library